Helping the Community
Membership supports your friends and neighbors
As a Members Advantage Community Credit Union member, you’ll be helping support local community organizations. Every year we support great community events, local youth sports teams, and fundraising initiatives that positively impact our members and the community we live in.
November 2018 – MACCU teamed up with our members to donate $3,500 to the Vermont Foodbank! MACCU wants to thank our members for opening a CD at a special rate and including a donation to the VT Foodbank. Because of this donation, over 5800 meals can be provided to Vermonters.
January 2018 – Common Roots Sponsorship
At MACCU we are passionate about the schools in the communities we serve and supporting the programs that benefit the students! This is why we’ve chosen to be a sponsor of Common Roots, an organization committed to providing meals to kids and their families in need, and a high standard for the food that is served to students in school. Common Roots connects farmers, educators, youth, and community to build a sustainable, healthier future through place-based programs.
Family Night at Thunder Road 2018
Our family night at Thunder Road turned out to be a great success once again! A big thanks to all of our members and friends who came out to enjoy the race with us. With everyone’s support, we were able to raise $1,200 for the Vermont Foodbank!
Members Advantage Community Credit Union awarded $6,000 worth of scholarships this year. These annual scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors who are continuing their education. Grants are made on the basis of academic excellence, extracurricular activities, community service, financial need, and completeness of application. Applicants must be a member of the Credit Union at the time of application in order to be considered for our scholarships. Contact your high school guidance counselor, your local MACCU office, or Click here for an application.
For our Field of Membership criteria, please click here.
The Education Committee was pleased to grant 10 scholarships in 2019.
- $1,000 Ernest Buntin Jr. Memorial Scholarship – Spaulding High School: Riley McFaun from Spaulding High School
- $1,000 Henry B. Caswell Memorial Scholarship – Burlington High School & FOM: Jeremy Little from South Burlington High School
- $1,000 Joseph Little Memorial Hartford High School Scholarship: Dawson Nalette from Hartford High School
- $1,000 Linda Kidder Honorary Scholarship: Ryland Cade Richardson from Windsor High School
- $1,000 Robert and Mary Swanson Honorary Scholarship: Makailey Howarth from Springfield High School
- $500 Rolfe Eastman Memorial Scholarship: Sabrina Bean from Northfield High School
- $500 Janet Flink Memorial Scholarship: Mike Blair from Colchester High School
- $500 Francis Henry Memorial Scholarship: Lindsey Menard from Hazen Union High School
- $250 Ruth Mulvey Scholarship: Jacob Newman from BFA – St. Albans
- $250 F. Harris Leavitt Scholarship: Taylor Martell from BFA – St. Albans
In 2019, we will be granting at least nine scholarships to graduating seniors continuing their education.
At the heart of Members Advantage Community Credit Union’s charitable giving is the idea that being a good corporate citizen is an ongoing responsibility. By helping to create stronger communities, we enhance the quality of life for members and employees.
To request a donation or sponsorship from Members Advantage, please submit the request form below. You will be notified of the decision by MACCU within two weeks either by phone, letter, or email.