Helping the Community
Membership supports your friends and neighbors
As a Members Advantage Community Credit Union member, you’ll be helping support local community organizations. Every year we support great community events, local youth sports teams, and fundraising initiatives that positively impact our members and the community we live in.
January 2018 – Common Roots Sponsorship
At MACCU we are passionate about the schools in the communities we serve and supporting the programs that benefit the students! This is why we’ve chosen to be a sponsor of Common Roots, an organization committed to providing meals to kids and their families in need, and a high standard for the food that is served to students in school. Common Roots connects farmers, educators, youth, and community to build a sustainable, healthier future through place-based programs.
MACCU teamed up with our local humane societies to bring awareness to dog adoption! August 26 was National Dog Day! Here is a glimpse of what went on, plus raising some funds to help our humane societies!
Here is our staff volunteering at the Upper Valley Haven in White River Junction!
Our Family Night at Thunder Road raised $1,255 for the Vermont Foodbank!
Family Night at Thunder Road 2017
Our family night at Thunder Road turned out to be a great success once again! A big thanks to all of our members and friends who came out to enjoy the race with us. With everyone’s support, we were able to raise $1,200 for the Vermont Foodbank!
Members Advantage Community Credit Union awarded $6,000 worth of scholarships this year. These annual scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors who are continuing their education. Grants are made on the basis of academic excellence, extracurricular activities, community service, financial need, and completeness of application. Applicants must be a member of the Credit Union at the time of application in order to be considered for our scholarships. Contact your high school guidance counselor, your local MACCU office, or click here for an application.
For our Field of Membership criteria, please click here.
The Education Committee was pleased to grant 10 scholarships in 2018.
- $1,000 Ernest Buntin Jr. Memorial Scholarship – Spaulding High School: Colin McFaun from Spaulding High School will be attending the University of Vermont to become a Radiation Therapist.
- $1,000 Henry B. Caswell Memorial Scholarship – Burlington High School & FOM: Katie Gibson-Davis from Montpelier High School will be attending Norwich University to pursue a degree to become a School Counselor.
- $1,000 Joseph Little Memorial Hartford High School Scholarship: Morgan White from Hartford High School will be attending Kent State University to study Sports Management.
- $1,000 Linda Kidder Honorary Scholarship: Lysle Nelson from Windsor High School will be attending Liberty University with a major in Business Administration.
- $500 Springfield Area Scholarship: Samuel Cox from Springfield High School will be attending Northern Vermont University, Lyndon to pursue a degree in Music Business – Audio Production.
- $500 Rolfe Eastman Memorial Scholarship: Matelyn Thygesen from Williamstown Middle High School will be attending Southern New Hampshire University for a Music degree.
- $500 Janet Flink Memorial Scholarship: Ross Eggleston from Bloom Carroll High School will be attending Ohio Wesleyan University to study Zoology.
- $500 Francis Henry Memorial Scholarship: Grace Fannie Frary from South Royalton School will attend the Vermont Technical College to obtain a Nursing degree.
In 2019, we will be granting at least nine scholarships to graduating seniors continuing their education.
At the heart of Members Advantage Community Credit Union’s charitable giving is the idea that being a good corporate citizen is an ongoing responsibility. By helping to create stronger communities, we enhance the quality of life for members and employees.
To request a donation or sponsorship from Members Advantage, please submit the request form below. You will be notified of the decision by MACCU within two weeks either by phone, letter, or email.