Partnership with River Valley Credit Union
In early July we announced an exciting partnership opportunity with River Valley Credit Union. As two like-minded, small Vermont credit unions, we feel it’s the perfect fit. Both organizations share a passion for serving our members, and through this partnership, we will be a stronger, more competitive credit union providing our membership with added convenience, enhanced products and services, lower fees, and an expanded field of membership. We have now received preliminary approval from the State of Vermont Department of Financial Regulation as well as the National Credit Union Administration and are looking for your support to vote “Yes” to the merger.
On August 17th, an official notice and ballot were mailed to each member of MACCU. Included is a postage paid envelope for you to mail back your ballot. You may also request a ballot at any branch location. All ballots must be placed in the sealed business reply envelope and either handed to a branch staff member or mailed to Members Advantage Community Credit Union by October 16th.
Both Members Advantage and River Valley feel this merger is in the best interest of our members. This is strategic decision will ensure long-term stability and the ability to provide you with the highest level of service and benefits. Some additional benefits/details include:
- The same great local, personal member service that you receive now
- This will enhance our financial strength and ensure long-term sustainability
- More products and services, better rates, and added convenience
- More lending products and lending resources for members, and business lending coming soon
- Lower fees, 10 fees will be reduced immediately
- This helps us compete with larger credit unions, banks, and other financial organizations
- All existing staff members will remain employees of the combined credit union
- Improved resources and career development opportunities for staff
- Unanimous support from the Board of Directors & Management team
- Combined we will have 10 Credit Union offices throughout Vermont
- We are committed to finding a new name to better reflect the combined organization
- We have experienced previous success with other partnerships
- Expanding our field of membership to serve all of Vermont and three NH counties.If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out by emailing email@example.com.
This cooperative merger can only happen if our members vote in favor of it, so we hope that we can count on your support to move forward.
Members Advantage will be holding several informational sessions to give members the opportunity to learn more about this partnership before voting.
September 10th @ 12:00pm
September 23rd @ 12:00pm
September 23rd @ 6:00pm
September 28th @ 6:00pm At the Canadian Club & via Zoom
October 6th @ 3:00pm
Pre-registration for any of these informational session opportunities is required and can be made up to 24 hours prior to the meeting by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by calling 802-861-4572. Please note that the dates and times of these membership informational meetings may change based on pre-registration attendance.
A special membership meeting to consider and approve this merge will be held at the Canadian Club*- Route 14, Barre, VT 05641 and accessible by Zoom video conference on Monday, October 19th at 6:00pm. Pre-registration is requested no later than Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 5:00 by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 802-861-4572. Current meeting guidelines and a zoom meeting invite will be sent to registered attendees by Friday, October 16, 2020.
*The in-person part of this meeting is contingent on the then current State of Vermont guidelines for social distancing and maximum attendance.
Please see below for documentation related to this partnership.